Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo & A Really Cool Contest!

So, of course I've been planning for NaNoWriMo for....ever! I think I started planning my project out since the end of summer. Today is Day 1 and already I'm just ahead of my daily word goal. *pats herself on the back* I've never really gotten that far in just on day, especially since it's the 1st day.
Some other stuff going on...I found out about this really cool contest by seeing a couple of my friends post this pretty cool graphic on their FB page.

Beth Revis(the original poster of this graphic) went on to suggest people with blogs to post about how much they really love YA fiction. I'll start off by saying I love YA fiction because...well...it's just so freaking awesome! I probably have at least 50 hard copies of YA books in my room as we speak, and another 130 on my Kindle, so it's well over 200 books in my own personal library. I also find it the easiest thing to write. Other kinds of fiction...I just have a hard time getting into it and it just bores me. That's not the case with YA fiction. Also, it has the largest range of readers out of the other kinds of fiction. At least, that's what it looks like whenever I'm on Facebook. I NEVER hear anything about adult fiction or anything like that. I constantly hear something about YA fiction, like The Hunger Games, Twilight(ugh!), or Divergent(^_^). To end this post...Why else would I like YA fiction? It's so amazing and there's so much to do with it. It also keeps me motivated and inspired whenever I write my own books, which is a huge plus.
So goodbye and good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment