Thursday, July 24, 2014

Allegiant: Book Review


Before I go into this review, I want to say what a rollarcoaster it was reading this. I will admit, it took me a while to get into this when I started, but I had a lot of stuff happening that just delayed everything I wanted to do.

Once I finished reading Insurgent, I didn't think there could possibly be anything else that needed to be written about. After everything that happened, it left off at a point where I thought everything had been resolved. But if I've learned anything as a writer myself, nothing is ever truly resolved.

Firstly, there were some things that annoyed me:

1) Tris and Four's constant fighting
                No matter what happened, these two always found something to fight about, which made my teeth grind. Even with everything they had been through, they couldn't seem to just appreciate the fact that they had each other and had survived everything thrown at them beforehand.

2) The make-out scenes
                As I was reading, there was one thought running through my head: I swear, if she pulls him close by his belt loops again, I'm going to scream!

Now, onto the positives!
I loved the pacing in Allegiant. Nothing happened in a rush like some books I've read. I really liked the idea Veronica Roth was portraying when she wrote this book. All of these different people wanted the same goal, but it was all about the certain roads they took.
The ending definitely took me by surprise. I never expected the author to do what she did. Now, I won't spoil anything for you, for those who haven't read the book yet.
I would definitely recommend you all to read this! Allegiant is one of the most unique stories and endings I have read, and I hope it paves the road for more unique stories in its genre.

Until next time!
Good day and goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment